Well, today started off like a normal day...... only real difference is Jay has the day off....He went to the gym this morning, so i had to wait for my tea....
So like every other morning, im reading the news and checking my FB once the kids head out the door.... and the phone rings....No one calls me at 8:30am.... its the base local number.... so i awnser thinking its Jay calling about something....
Nope... i take a message for him, half an hour later he gets home and returns the call......
Now, its not the Earth Shattering KaBoom call..... But, its pretty big! He will be away for 6 monthes... but he will be in Canada!
He has been selected for the Olympics! He is SO freaking happy! We were out front after his phone call having a smoke when he told me whats going on....he proceeded to dance all over the front lawn singing.... crazy bugger!
It will be interesting, we dont have alot to figure out, he just needs to push CFHA to get the move done before september.... and figure out the POA thing, so if by some stupid mistake he doesnt get paid on a pay day, that I can go in and get it sorted...just because the SUV payment comes out on Pay Days... and the insurance.
I just have to keep explaining to him, that yeah, im happy for him, and we will be FINE while he is away.... the wheels are just turning, and im trying to process the Life issues... I can deal with it all, its just...im a planner, so instead of Guy mentality of "Yay im going to the Olympics", im processing everything that needs to be done.... The move, sorting his kit, getting things all tied up by september, keeping him on track with all the things he needs to deal with that i cant.... I have my Game Face on.....I think he understands that..... Weve been thru separation before.... thats not an issue.
So, yeah....there is my life in a nutshell at the moment.... I have those butterflies you get once you take your seat on a roller coaster.... lol
Eeeek!!!!
1 comment:
Sounds like a fun kind of tasking for him... and hey, maybe you and the kids can get free passes or something :)
Post a Comment